Tripartite Alliance Limited (TAL) C/O Tripartite Alliance for Dispute Management (TADM) Personal Data Policy
1. This policy informs you how TAL C/O TADM handles your Personal Data under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Cap. 26) (“PDPA”). Under PDPA, Personal Data is defined as information about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
2. TAL C/O TADM collects, uses or discloses Personal Data for reasonable business purposes only if there is consent or deemed consent from the individual and information on such purposes have been notified, or is required or allowed under applicable laws. For TAL C/O TADM to provide advisory, mediation and other support services for dispute management, you consent to provide information pertaining to your dispute and to your employer and/or union’s disclosure of your Personal Data, to TAL C/O TADM, authorised parties and authorities.
3. TAL C/O TADM collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data in a manner that helps employees and employers manage employment disputes amicably so as to preserve workplace harmony in Singapore. This includes the purposes of:
- providing advisory, mediation and other services for dispute management;
- facilitating access to financial/social assistance;
- providing assistance with the enforcement of court orders; and
- complying with laws, guidelines and directions.
Collection of your Personal Data
4. TAL C/O TADM collects your Personal Data through the following means:
- when you interact with us via telephone, website, e-mail, face-to- face meetings, social media and others;
- when you respond to events or surveys conducted or organised by us; when you respond with or submit Personal Data on cases;
- when we receive your Personal Data when you join as an intern or employee;
- when we receive your Personal Data for any other reason.
5. We only collect, process, use or disclose such Personal Data, in accordance with this policy. If you are acting as an intermediary, or otherwise on behalf of a third party, or supply us with information regarding a third party, you undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained consent from such third party to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Because we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this policy, preferably by distributing a copy of this policy to them or by referring them to our website.
How we use your Personal Data
6. TAL C/O TADM collects and uses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- respond to requests or for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the time of the collection (or as is obvious from the context of collection);
- process, advise and manage cases or joint TADM-Ministry of Manpower (MOM) employer assessments;
- for general management and reporting including invoicing and account management;
- for recruitment and employment;
- compile statistics for submission to government authorities (including MOM) or agencies or respond to media queries; and
- comply with laws and regulations by the relevant authorities (including MOM).
Disclosure of your Personal Data
7. TAL C/O TADM may disclose Personal Data for the following reasons:
- to an organisation, the State Courts, the authorities (including MOM), authorised parties (including the National Trade Unions Congress’ U Care Centre (NTUC UCC) and Migrant Workers’ Centre (MWC)), and/or union to follow up on your case unless you expressly inform us otherwise;
- to relevant authorities who include MOM and other government regulatory bodies (including the State Courts) upon their official requests;
- to any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data;
- to an intern, employee or an independent contractor or data intermediary providing services to support TAL C/O TADM, whom are under a duty of confidentiality to TAL C/O TADM;
- to the extent necessary to comply with laws, guidelines, directions and other similar requirements.
8. TAL C/O TADM does not disclose Personal Data to third parties except when we have your consent or deemed consent, is required by law or where we have engaged contractors or data intermediaries. Any such third parties whom we engage are required to comply with the PDPA.
Withdrawal, Access, Correction and Enquiry
9. You may refuse or withdraw your consent given, or deemed to have been given, for us to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data by giving us reasonable notice of one week, in writing. Where you do so, this may affect our ability to provide our product or service to you. We will stop (and cause any of our contractors or data intermediaries to stop) collecting, using or disclosing the Personal Data unless it is required or allowed under applicable laws.
Accuracy, Safeguard and Retention
10. TAL C/O TADM relies on you to ensure that your Personal Data provided is complete, true and accurate.
11. To safeguard your Personal Data, all electronic storage and transmission of Personal Data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
12. TAL C/O TADM will keep your Personal Data for as long as it is required for business or law. Once your Personal Data is no longer required for these purposes, we will destroy, erase or make anonymous the Personal Data.
13. TAL C/O TADM may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in business or law.
14. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- have any enquiry on TAL C/O TADM Personal Data Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records.