(For unions) File a claim for a General Branch member
For trade unions to file a salary-related or wrongful dismissal claim on behalf of a General Branch member.
Things to note
Who can file
Trade unions, on behalf of a union member.
What claims are eligible
The union can file for a member’s salary-related and/or wrongful dismissal, such as:
- Salary and other statutory employment benefits.
- Breach of terms of individual employment contracts.
- Retrenchment benefits.
- Re-employment disputes.
When to file
The union will need to file within these periods for the following claims:
|Nature of claim||When to file a claim by|
|Wrongful dismissal claims||
Assigning users to log in with CorpPass
Your CorpPass admin user or sub-admin user needs to:
Check if you can access this service using CorpPass
What you will need
To file, the union will need:
- Company’s contact details.
- Union official’s contact details.
- Union member’s personal and employment details. Include a copy of the union member’s employment contract, if available.
- Brief description of the dispute.