(For employers) File a notice-pay claim for mediation
If you wish to recover notice pay from a former employee, first try to resolve the issue with them directly. If it cannot be resolved, use this service to file your claim for mediation.
- This service is available 24 hours daily.
- Sign up for CorpPass.
Things to note
|Who can file||Company’s CorpPass user.|
|Registration fees for mediation||
Fees are not refundable and are based on the claim amount declared when you file.
You can pay by:
|How long it takes||
Within 3 working days of payment, you will receive an email from TADM on the next steps of the dispute resolution process.
What claims are eligible
Employers can only claim for notice pay (also known as ‘salary in lieu of notice’). The employee must be covered under the Employment Act for you to claim.
When to file
You need to file within 6 months of the employee’s last day of employment.
Before you file
You should first attempt to recover the notice pay from your former employee. For example, by sending them a letter to recover the payment.
Give them a reasonable period to respond. If there is no response, you may then file your claim for mediation.
Assigning users to log in with CorpPass
Your CorpPass admin user or sub-admin user needs to:
- Log in to the CorpPass account.
- Go to the e-Service Access tab.
- Select Ministry of Manpower (MOM) from the list of agencies.
- Choose Employment Standards Online (ESOL) as one of the company’s eServices.
- Assign Employment Standards Online (ESOL) eService to the identified authorised company representatives.
Check if you can access this service using CorpPass
- Log in to your CorpPass account.
- Go to the assigned eServices tab. You should see Employment Standards Online (ESOL) listed as one of your assigned eServices.
If ESOL is not listed as one of your assigned e-Services, please ask your CorpPass admin user or sub-admin user to assign the eService to you.
What you will need
You will need:
- Former employee’s details e.g. NRIC or FIN, contact details.
- Credit or debit card details or internet banking user ID and PIN for payment.
Supporting documents to upload:
- Resignation or termination letter (where applicable), or proof of attempt to recover notice pay.
- Key employment terms or employment contract.
- Salary payment records for recent past few months.
Download the user guide for detailed instructions on using this service.